Paramedic ambulances are “emergency rooms on wheels”, carrying a variety of lifesaving and other essential equipment, including:
- 12-lead electro-cardiogram monitor/defibrillators - allow our paramedics to give hospitals advanced warning of confirmed heart attacks so that cardiac intervention teams can be ready when the patient arrives
- IV kits for administration of fluids and medications
- pulse oximeter – measures the percentage of oxygen in a patient’s blood
- oxygen to help patients breathe
- CPAPs – machines that provide continuous positive airway pressure for patients with respiratory issues
- nebulizers to administer breathing medications
- intubation kits – to open and secure a patient’s airway
- glucometers – to test blood sugar
- jump kit – includes laryngoscopes, stethoscopes, bandages, BP cuffs, etc.
- drug box - aspirin for heart attack victims, adrenaline for allergic reactions, etc.
- backboards and cervical collars – used to stabilize patients with certain back or neck injuries
- stretchers with rugged wheels to handle any type of terrain
- stair chairs – specialized chairs to safely transport patients through tight spaces and down stairs
We also provide more than lifesaving emergency care. Our caring, compassionate medics provide a heated blanket, a hand to hold, or a toy to cuddle — little extras that make the difference between a satisfactory experience and an exceptional one.